Things your abuser should have said to you, and meant with every fiber, include:
* You’re beautiful.
* Thank you for everything you do.
* How can I help you today?
* You’re talented.
* I love your eyes/hair/caboose/brain/fashion sense/etc.
* You have a sweet soul.
* I like the way you look at things.
* I’m sorry I didn’t do what you asked.
* What do YOU want?
* How do you feel today?
* My favorite thing about you is ___________.
* You have the BEST ___________.
* You make me laugh!
* I’m so lucky to have you.
* Can you teach me how to __________?
* You’re really good at ___________.
* I’m here for you.
* I adore you.
* You’re so smart.
* I can’t believe you’re mine.
* I have a [good/positive/well-planned/caring] surprise for you.
* I’m sorry I hurt you.
* I love to watch you _________.
* You’re an awesome mom.
* You have such a big heart.
* People are lucky to know you.
* You deserve a break.
* I love you.
Things your abuser should have said to you
are things you can and should say to yourself, and mean with every fiber,